Please note the following important information concerning the OTB structure for Field Classes (Sessions):
Field Session fees are as follows:
Field Session Membership (1 child) - $175
Field Session Membership Twins or Siblings - $200 (same class)
Field Session Membership/Siblings - $250 (separate classes)
Field Session Host Membership - $125
Session Host Sibling Membership - $175
** There will be a session fee increase April 1, 2013. Your teacher will offer more details.
- Five pre-paid families are required to start a group/session (excluding the host; six students total, unless one family has twins). People on scholarships or using class credits do not count in the required number of core participants. Private Classes will need to recruit eight families/students before launching the session.
- Payment is due before the session start-date. We do not accept payments the day of the class.
- ALWAYS check your email the morning of class. This is how we communicate with you. You must add your phone number to your profile when setting up your personal information so we can contact you this way. You will receive an email the night before your anticipated session date confirming the launch of the session. This is done so that we can give people ample time (and up to the last minute) to register to get a session started.
- Payments are made through our site. Please go to "Field Class Registration" (left margin). Scroll to the class you want, and click on "Sign Up Now". Then, just follow the prompts. DO NOT purchase your session through the online store. This allows you to pay, but does not register you in the class. We will not know you are registered if you purchase your field session this way!
- Please be sure to register in YOUR name, and then you can add your child's name to the "Relationships" category.
- If paying by check (due to special circumstances), checks should be made out to "Outside the Box" and sent to:
Outside the Box
6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, #2220
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
- Each partcipant is offered one (1) free make-up class at the Center in Woodland Hills or at another nearby age-appropriate field session. Please email
to let us know what class you would like to be enrolled in for your make-up class. Classes should be scheduled once your current session has finished (but within 60 days).
- Please be sure to register in YOUR name on our site (the parents name), and add your child under "relationships". It is not pertinent that you register your child's name with our site, but if you decide to, please be sure to do it as an alternate name/relationship in your profile. This is importnat when reconciling payments for classes and securing registrations. If you need help with this or have questions, please call our front desk, and they can help you (818) 348-PLAY.
- Newly added and updated Sessions/dates/times are posted on the website under "OTB SESSIONS". However, sessions that are recruiting and have students signed up in them already are posted under "Field Class Registration" (left margin) and are open for payment (you can pay online). The difference is the OTB SESSIONS list includes sessions that are forming, and may not have students enrolled yet.
- Sessions include 8 consecutive classes. Since the session is "pre-paid" the number of attendees at each class is irrelevant.
- Make-up classes need to be used within 60 days of the session ending and cannot be given away, nor used for the next session.
- Sessions dates may be extended if it is necessary to skip a class (i.e., decided by the group for a holiday, illness, teacher-cancellation, etc.).
- Session spots are held by those who paid for the session. Spots in class cannot be sold, borrowed or used by other students.
- People wanting to attend a field session using Day Passes will only be allowed to sign up after we have our minimum of six core members (signed up for the whole session). Online registration for day passes opens up after the core six members have signed up.
- Those using class credits will not be counted in the core six (or eight) necessary to launch any session.
- Priority is always given to students who sign up, and pay for the entire session in regard to spacing in the class.
- We do not offer refunds for illness, vacations, scheduling conflicts, etc. There is no exception to this policy. If your session does not commence, you will have a credit with OTB for future sessions, classes or retail items.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at (818) 348-PLAY.
See you in class!